For some reason, I'm really excited about summer this year. It's not that I don't usually like the summer but I'm rarely excited about it. I don't like the heat and humidity we get and summer always means bugs so there's that. I don't go on vacation so I don't have that to look forward to do. And I often spend more time alone in the summer than I do at other times in year, so summer often means a lonelier time for me.
In spite of all that, I'm looking forward to summer. I was a bit more proactive than I have been for awhile and have planned some fun things to do, even making a bucket list. And I'm determined to do them even if I end up doing them alone. This summer, I'm going to:
• Visit Annapolis
• Find a pretty spot near a river or lake and have a picnic. (or two)
• Host an outdoor movie night at my house for all my friends and family
• Learn to make biscotti
• Eat breakfast on my patio every day (unless it's a downpour!)
• Host a Taco Tuesday party
• Go to a carnival
• Attend a classical music concert
• Go to the Maryland State Fair
• See a show at a dinner theater
This list is kinda long for all that I have going on with work this summer but I'm determined to soak in every bit of summer fun I can this year. Bring it on!